New Orbital Highway and Truck road is a project that aims to resolve traffic flow issues into and out of Doha and between North and South by connecting northern and southern Qatar and transferring regular traffic and heavy truck movements from Doha to outlying areas. The project is located Southwest of Doha City and provides the New Orbital Highway connecting Mesaieed to Salwa Road. It consists of approximately 48 km of road network and a total of five interchanges.
SALFO & Associates was assigned to carry out temporary traffic management design during the Design and Construction of New Orbital Highway & Truck Route (P023)-Contract 3.
Salfo’s scope of works includes:
- Development of Conceptual Design (Concept Plans) for traffic diversions
- Preparation and delivering presentation to all appropriate stakeholders
- Detailed road design for the TTM Plans related to the construction site
- Road drainage design for traffic diversions
- Pavement design for traffic diversions
- Traffic impact studies