SALFO & Associates SA has been awarded by Musanada (Abu Dhabi General Services Company) the design of the new Chimpanzee Park in Al Ain Zoo in Abu Dhabi Emirate, UAE.
Al Ain Zoo was initially founded in 1968 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan, and has since then gone through several refurbishments in order to meet the demands of both the animal species and visitors. Al Ain Zoo now has over 4,000 animals and the Client is aiming to add more by renovating several sectors.
The project pertains to the design of the new Chimpanzee Exhibit in line with the Client’s guidelines and imitating the natural habitat of Chimpanzees. The facility will be compatible with the animals’ needs and will satisfy the visitors’ expectations.
The total project plot area is approximately 9,460m2 and is consisted of:
- Chimpanzee cage building of 615m2.
- Exhibit areas (2,650m2).
- 1,000m2 of visitors’ walkways imitating rainforest natural ground but also providing complete accessibility to families and people of determination.
- 3 open viewing shelters and one covered and air-conditioned viewing shelter.
- Soft and hard landscape within the exhibits and surrounding areas to imitate the natural habitat of rain forests.
- Other areas, walkways and greenery buffer space surrounding the visitors’ walkaway 5,000m2.