SALFO & Associates in collaboration with BPI-Consult GmbH (Poyry Infra GmbH) and T&O Unternehmensberatung has undertaken a consultancy contract for the second project for establishment of the programme implementation unit (PIU) to the Serbian railways (ZS).
The components of this Programme consist of numerous schemes to be packaged in individual lots for tendering. The EIB financed components concern rehabilitation of railway lines to be part-financed with a loan up to 60 million euros as follows:
1. Belgrade - Sid line: Reconstruction and modernisation of the railway line for speed of 160km/h, section between Batajnica and Golubinci station, from km 21 to km 45. Works include track overhaul works, reconstruction of the existing interlocking system and OCL. In Nova Pazova and Stara Pazova stations - reconstruction of tracks and station platforms, subway, station square, reconstruction of the existing interlocking system and OCL. Section from Stara Pazova station to Golubinci station - completion of works on substructure and permanent way, procurement and installation of equipment for OCL, signalling, interlocking and telecommunication systems.
2. Belgrade - Niš line: Modernisation works will consist of the construction of the new Jovac – Ćuprija double-track section, 7.2 km long.
3. Nis - Dimitrovgrad line: Modernization works will be rehabilitation works on the 59.0 km long Ćele Kula – Staničenje railway line section, from km 5 to km 64.
The EBRD financed components concern rolling stock refurbishment and supply of equipment to be part-financed with a loan up to 60 million euros as follows:
1. Purchase of 1,000 – 2, 000 freight wagons.
2. Purchase of one under floor type wheel lathe.