SALFO & Associates has been awarded the DoT/C/MR/18/12 contract for the study, evaluation, design and supervision of the construction of small projects and miscellaneous works, spread in the entire Abu Dhabi Emirate (Urban and Rural) required to be undertaken on an emergency basis for better connectivity, congestion alleviation, traffic capacity augmentation and safety improvements.
The works generally include the construction of new roundabouts, intersections, improvement of existing signalized and non-signalized intersections, widening of existing road sections, construction of new parking areas, storm drainage network improvement, studying traffic operation characteristics and conditions, road furniture, signs and signal requirements.
The programme includes the following projects:
1. IP 43 & 43A
2. Access road to slaughter house
3. Access road to Baniyas graveyard
4. Abu Dhabi gate exit/entry ramps
5. Mussaffah exit widening
6. Landmark Tower
7. Al Khaleej Al Arabi IPs (130, 59, 58B, 33B, 5A)
8. Access improvement at E-75
9. Pedestrian bridges & elevators in DoT network (& nos)
10. Traffic signalization of IP 145
11. Ghantoot rest area
12. Truck parkinf at Ghuwaifat border
13. Daher truck parking
14. Temporary steel bridges at E30
15. Al Wahda Mall improvements
16. Al Khalidiya Mall improvements
17. Nation Towers traffic improvement
18. Al Nahyan camp entrance
19. Concrete fence in Al Salam street
These projects were initiated by the Higher Committee for Safety and Traffic solutions due to their social and economic importance in terms of social, tourism, trade and strategic benefits, requiring an immediate implementation.